Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy (late) 4th!

Hello Friends and Family!

How are things? I'm doing pretty good! I survived the week! I tweaked my ankle packing Tuesday night and then stepping off the curb in our new place I rolled it. It wasn't bad. Just hurt to walk on for the next couple of days but we iced it and it's fine now. My new companion is Sister Anderson from Lehi, Utah.  I love Sister Anderson! We get along great and have so much in common and spent last night just talking and talking. It's been great. I felt a little apprehensive at first but we're totally doing good. I have been transferred to Crawfordsville which is just outside Indianapolis.  Crawfordsville is cool! Cute apartment, awesome area, epic companionship already, and the members are SICK! I'm looking forward to working here and helping this area see a convert baptism! Which it hasn't had for like 3 years... Challenge ACCEPTED. I so want to see a baptism. Ten months a missionary and haven't had that opportunity. Hopefully my investigators in Warsaw will progress and I'll be able to go see them! That would make my LIFE!

It was hard leaving Warsaw not gonna lie. I love that place so much. I had withdrawals my first night here because it's practically isolation. The nearest missionaries are 45 minutes away. Which is lame. But we'll make it work! District meeting was a ton of fun! We have a MEGA district! It's the best! There are 10 missionaries and 1 District Leader who's also a Spanish Speaking Missionary. Can you say awesome? Yes. Yes it is. I'm also in a District with Sister Hofheins again! This is gonna be fun! She's comps with Sister Bileau who was with Sister Anderson like 2 transfers ago! Woo!

Well, this last week was a bit of a rough one. Sister Anderson and I get along GREAT. I love her so so much and we have a ton in common. I love our apartment, this area is awesome, met so many awesome people already, and I'm excited to get to work. The only draw back was Satan. I kept getting hurt this entire week, just needed to ice my ankle for a little bit, and we got dropped yesterday by one of the most solid people we had. So it stunk. We're hoping today will be a reboot and we can hit the ground hard and help this area see baptisms. We're going to drastically change that. I fasted for the new investigators and I've been praying for them at night too. I've got a lot of hope here and I'm excited to see what happens. :) We're looking forward to Specialized Training this week and seeing what work we can do to help with the Temple Open House.  We will be working at the Indianapolis Temple Open House which is a dream come true for me. 

I'm looking forward to working in Crawfordsville with Sister Anderson! Lots of Love!

Love,
Sister Halverson

Bat friend in investigator's apartment

Firefly!



Alicia and Sister Anderson and I on the 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment