Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Busy Bees!

Hello Friends and Family!

This week was EPIC! Like holy hannah! It was insane! It's been such a blessing working the Temple Open House Tours! We've already seen miracles especially in our own area. We took an investigator and his wife through last Sunday and then had a lesson again with them this last Thursday. It was so cool to hear their experience! Jim, our investigator, told us that when he saw the baptismal font he wanted to jump in right then! It was the coolest thing ever! We are so excited for them. We've been praying about a baptismal date for them and feel like August 8th would be good. However we still want them to set a date for themselves. That would be the best for this amazing couple. His wife Este loves the church and the message we bring and we have good conversations every time we go over and teach them. It's a learning experience for all of us involved. :)

Also when we were in the reception tent, a man and his wife approached us about being involved for the temple dedication. His wife had just been baptized the year before and the day the Temple is dedicated it will be her one year mark. They're so excited to be sealed in the Temple and are from Louisville, KY. It was nice to talk to them and help them. She seemed thrilled and he was so happy they were able to come up and see the temple.

In the Video room, I was watching a woman and her three children while they were watching the video. She teared up at a couple of things mentioned in the video and it was so wonderful to see the Spirit touch her. I don't know what happened to her afterwards but I'm positive she loved what she saw and was touched further. I hope she'll be inspired and follow her heart wherever it takes her. :)

It was wonderful this week to be at the temple so many times. It's been wonderful and crazy and exciting and a whole mess of emotions. But such a wonderful thing and I'm so so so excited to keep working there. It will be dedicated 4 days before I hit my year mark. That's unbelievable that time has passed so quickly. I'm still reeling from it. Sister Anderson just hit 8 months and that's been wild! She's grown so much and I feel like we work really well together. It's just a matter of getting better and handling the situation here in Crawfordsville. I feel like we need to get out and work but the work we need to do isn't what this area needs if that makes sense. We're going around and talking to our members and trying to find them as well as knocking on their neighbors doors. Several of the families here are taking friends and loved ones to the temple tour and we're going to be helping them so that's even better. The Temple is helping us in more ways than one and that's what's really special about it. I'm so happy for this. Also, the portrait of the African woman kneeling in prayer is the same one that is in my temple back home in Ogden. I love that portrait so so much. It's a special connection for me to see it. :) I'm super happy to keep on working here and things are getting super busy. I'm sure it can only mean to get out and go. It's good. :)

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Sister Halverson

So very happy

Sister Anderson and I

No comments:

Post a Comment