Monday, September 1, 2014

First P-day


I'm doing great! We finally have a chance to do laundry and only one hour to write everybody. There are four girls in my room, Sister Fenn, Sister Smallcomb, Sister Howard (my companion) and me. I left my camera back in the room so I can't upload photos this week. I will for sure get them up next week. We got our travel itinerary on Friday! We are headed to MN next Tuesday (September 9th) for an hour layover then headed to Indianapolis. I'll write next Monday about when I can call Mom.
This week to be honest was really hard. I was struggling to feel the spirit which is hard considering it's practically everywhere here. I had prayed for the entire weekend to find a way to feel the spirit within myself. It wasn't really answered until yesterday when we went to choir practice. We sang "Where Can I find Peace". LOVED IT! And then our district leader was able to give me a blessing. I immediately felt 100% better. We went to the Sunday devotional and heard from Brother Richard N. Holzapfel. It was powerful and made me that much more in tune. Then we saw a film called the Characters of Christ by Elder Bednar and it is my new favorite.
So. My district. We had ten total but and elder went home due to medical. So now there are nine. Elder Williams is our District Leader. Elder Fiefia (Fee ya fee ya), Elder Critchfield, Elder Lamb, Elder Reber (Like Webber but with an R. Not ree ber) and then the sisters. We went on a temple walk yesterday which was a blast! Love our teachers. We are learning so much here! I am learning SO MUCH here!

Hugs to everyone.

Sister Alexandria Halverson

No comments:

Post a Comment