Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Lights and Foggy Nights

Hello Friends and Family!

This week we saw miracles. The ward is beginning to open up to us and we're seeing people willingly come out with us. We have time set aside on Thursday to go tracting with a member. We're going to introduce the Cookies and Caroling initiative and we've already found a sister who wants us to go with her. :) We're seeing people we've had on our lists and radars and we're seeing so many of our plans come to fruition. I'm so excited too. Cheyenne is praying for a date!!!!! She wants to find out for herself and that's what we want! She's coming to church and wants to keep meeting with us. :) I love being around her. She's become so happy and energetic and not at all like she was. It's been great to see the change in her. :)

Things are going well. We're doing what we can and improving where we can't. We stand at the doors each Sunday and hand out the programs. To start it was very cold and no one really talked to us. But now it's becoming a staple and they're very friendly and we talk to them. The members are actually in good moods now in the mornings for church! I'm so happy that it's been working out as well as it has been. We're going to keep going and do what we can to change this ward. They're beginning to give us referrals!!! They have been working with a few people and the trust is there!

It's been a great great great week! I'm getting better too. I feel more energized and I feel like I can do it. It's been a good week and I have felt it. My studies are taking off and I love the Isaiah Chapters in 2 Ne.

I'm looking forward to working hard my last two transfers and getting as much done for the Lord as I can with my remaining time. :)

We're working hard with less actives and recent converts. We have a meeting with a set of converts tonight and we're going to help people come closer to Christ. That's what I was called to do. So that's what I'm going to do with my last two transfers. It'll be interesting to see how things go once I get home. :)

I'm currently rereading the BOM and am in 2 Ne 12. I love the Isaiah chapters. I feel like I can really get into it and I actually learn better in metaphors and I can see how the all fit together. It's so wonderful and I think in pictures anyway. Isaiah talks in pictures. :) It's a ton of fun. I love 2 Ne. 8 : 3. It has become my new favorite. It's so beautiful and an amazing promise that shows the power of God and His love for us. :)

Sister Eralie and I went to the Nickle Plate District on Saturday night and walked around. They had live music, a petting zoo with adorable creatures, and a light display that they turned on around 7. It was cute and small but a ton of fun. Oh and don't tell the elders but we're sending them on a treasure hunt tonight. :) It's going to be GREAT.

Hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you all!!!!! See you sooner than you think!

Love,
Sister Halverson

The only Lamp Post in Indiana. They seriously don't have very many out here.

And I think it's supposed to be Jeep upside down but it really isn't. So yeah.... Hoosiers. LOVE THEM! :D




Ward Christmas Party

No comments:

Post a Comment