Monday, November 3, 2014

Burnt Marshmallows... It's Like Eating Cancer!

Hello friends and family!
Don't worry I'll explain the title in a second! :) This week was really good! We had a great Prep Day! We got our own car!!!!! A Chevy Cruze! I'm doing terrible with my picture taking but I will show you more next week! So excited! And on top of getting a new car...WE GOT A VACUUM!!!!! :D The one we had was this beat up old dirt devil that looked like it had been through the ringer with the elders. It couldn't stand up on it's own and picked up basically nothing. But this new one! YAY! It works, it stands up, and it picked up everything! I don't even want to talk about the stuff this baby pulled up today. Eew. But now the house is clean and disinfected! Perfect. :) We are going to get a nice car freshener too! When we got it last Monday we had it washed and they sprayed this cherry vanilla car freshener and it smelled D-Vine! I will find it if it's the last thing I do! :)
So we met with this very old woman who knows a lot about the Bible but wants to learn more. It's pretty interesting. She's one of those who grew up being warned and having fear thrown at you to do the right thing or be thrust down H E double hockey sticks. And I only worry about bringing her to church because we don't normally talk about being cast down. It'll be an experience! But she's great! We read the Bible to her and then the Book of Mormon and shared a lesson with her. It's fun. Minus the fact that she smokes. And is 83. Weird combo right?
Wednesday we had interviews with President! That was WAY fun. I got to hang out with our new zone and talked to President. Who wouldn't love that? Haha me actually. I'm terrified of President and his assistants. Which is weird because they're such great guys. Too funny. We just had a really great week this week. We had dinner with the Wade family who invited everyone over in their family so there was the Mom and Dad, Sister Wade and her two sisters, her husband, and five little kids. Plus four starving Missionaries. We had a blast talking to them. We just had a lot of fun and shared a message with them. Everyone here is so nice! We are fed a lot and they're super funny. Last night we had dinner at the Tapia's. Sister Tapia comes with us when we teach the Sanchez family. (Our Spanish Family). We had authentic Mexican food and homemade tacos. TOO GOOD!!! I lost track of how many I ate haha. Just kidding, I only had like five small tacos. It was the best. And then we laughed and got to know everyone. It was fun. Turns out I met their daughter when I was in the MTC! And I actually knew Sister Tapia's MTC comp from WSU! That was so interesting!
Friday! We got to carve pumpkins with Bispoh Weston! We were also allowed to watch Hercules and roasted marshmallows! This is where my title comes in. So I like to comet my marshmallows or burn them. Sister Weston doesn't like it so much. So when I told her what a comet was she was like, "It's like eating cancer." I laughed so hard. So it is going to be my mission as an RM to make this into a T-shirt and mail one back to her. Priceless. :) It also snowed. But we don't talk about that haha. No snow! Not yet!
I'm so thankful to be on my mission right now though! We have seen many miracles this week and every week we've been here. It's so cool to see the change in people and in myself. It's safe to say I'm not the same person I was leaving home in August. Definitely not. And that's a good thing! I've realized I want things more like schooling or learning different languages and working hard for my future family. Weird to be thinking about that right now because I love the work I'm doing! It's a blessing to see these families come closer to each other and come closer to God. I have for sure seen His hand in my life. More like in my every moment. He truly loves each and every one of us and I love learning of His will for us every time I open my scriptures or teach an investigator.
 
There was a convert baptism this week (on Saturday) and we were asked to help with her! She forgot a towel and we had to dry her off with extra baptism jumpsuits! Too funny! It was cool seeing her be baptized by Elder Lorsch (His first!). Definitely felt the spirit. :)
 
I pray that all of you at home are doing well! Thank you for your prayers and all your love! I definitely couldn't be where I am today without my wonderful friends and family back home.
Love you all!
Sister Halverson
2 Ne 30: 5-6


Sister McKendrick is always cold so I call her Sister Lizard!

No comments:

Post a Comment