Monday, October 13, 2014

Christmas Trees and Bunco

Hello Family and Friends!
So this week has been very cold and rainy. The leaves are changing colors which is beautiful! But the cold is definitely not my favorite. So! This Friday we had Zone Conference. After every training we play Bunco and everyone is supposed to bring a gift. I brought random treats from around the apartment and made them all clever with little mission related sayings like "Mint" to be a missionary. It was fun. An elder decided it would be a grand idea to bring a Christmas tree as his gift. Well, I kinda fail at playing Bunco and it was the very last gift. Needless to say, we won't have to worry about Christmas decorations this year! And to top it off, when we checked the mail when we got home, we had an Xfinity mail thing for Dawn Butt. Yep. Dawn Butt. Dawn Butt and the Christmas tree. Oh how could my week get any better?
It's actually been rough after that. We had one of our investigators dump us. She told us she wasn't raised to believe in another testament of Jesus Christ. She didn't want to believe it. So she dropped us. The other joined her brothers church so she dropped us. It wasn't a great week. Saturday was very rough but I was able to get a blessing from the elders in our area. Very happy I got it! It just goes to show that Satan will do everything and anything to bring us down. Hard but rewarding. So we have some work to do now! Hopefully it goes better from here. We're trying to work hard and I have such wonderful people in my life! :)
On Thursday we went and saw Meet the Mormons! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! Good Gravy we loved it! The last story had most of the Missionaries in the room in tears. Me especially. But we still loved it. No idea about any relations concerning Gail Halvorsen. But it was pretty cool to have the same(ish) last name! :)
I love you all! Go see it if you can! You'll love the movie! Thank you for your letters and love! I'm trying to write back but we're only allowed to write on Monday for everything! :(
I love you all!
Sister Halverson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment