Monday, October 19, 2015

There Was A Baptism :)

Hello Friends and Family!!!
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave and Vikki are Baptized!!! So exciting!!!! It was a great night last night. :) I'm so so so happy. It really does pay off. And in the grand scheme of things, I know it's going to continue. :) It was a nice event last night. Sister Thalman and I gave talks at the baptism and the Spirit was so so strong. :)

Ok so they were not in our area but they have become really close friends and we've been team teaching with the Elders to help them become trusting and comfortable. This family is so stinking awesome! We've helped them a lot and provided service and have loved being there. We're hoping that they can continue to make goals to later be sealed in the temple. :)

I love them and I'm so excited for Carl. He's doing really really well and is setting things up and finalizing things for his upcoming baptism. He's so excited. We had a lesson with him Wednesday night and he literally glowed. Carl and Linda are just so happy and it shows now that they have the Gospel in their lives. They have brought up valid concerns with what they do bring up and they just want more answers. He loves getting the pamphlets and I'm so excited. We're also teaching a man named Michael. He's from the Philippines and his Parents converted a long time ago. They were very less active and the Sisters went over to help Soledad, the Mom, become active again. We also found out that her son Michael wants to be baptized! He's been looking for the true church. Grew up Catholic, been searching ever since. Most of the things we've taught him resonate and he wants to take this Gospel back to the Philippines to his family! We looked up where he would live in the Philippines and have found he lives really close to a church building!!! It's seriously so cool. :) He wants to be baptized and convert his family. :) It's the best feeling ever. And then there's Lisa. She's been LOVING the lessons! She calls it guidance which is so funny. But honestly it couldn't be more true. I feel like we've been seeing progress and have been texting her scriptures each night to read. Which she does! She's had to start from the beginning I feel and start with a basic testimony of a loving Heavenly Father. I know she is seeing a difference as well and that is helping her see the bigger picture.

It's been hard the first couple of weeks but I feel like I can manage well before times flies and I'll be heading home. It's been a good learning experience for me to bring back past experiences with companions and being able to let go. I've valued that more than anything. I've also come to laugh with my companions and love them as sisters as we've been seeing miracles come to fruition here in Fishers. It's been interesting to say the least and I feel like everything is working out ok. Sister Munoz is helping me to see the things I can improve on and helping me set out a way to do it. We made a goal to have her wake me up at 6:30 in the morning so I can be more exactly obedient. I've been trying really hard to do just that and improve my morning routine. Sister Thalman is kind of comic relief. She's the laid back one out of the three of us and I feel like I'm pretty chill. So it's good to have a stable medium. :)

I've also come to see some changes that need to be made as well. But I feel it is in my best interest to do all the things that I can do with my companions before changing this area. I would love to stay here in Fishers. We're working hard with people and I feel like we can still work harder. Sister Thalman has been sick and we've been taking it easier so she doesn't get worse. It's been steady for the most part but I want to get high numbers and reach higher goals. I think we can do it. Whatever happens next transfer will be a great turn around. I feel it has been stressful on all of us in a trio to do what is needed here. We're working on it and doing the best we can. We've had many great lessons and are definitely seeing miracles. :) I'm excited to keep working here and I would love to be here the rest of my mission. I feel like I can do great things and have been able to see what I can fix to move forward too. I feel like I'm doing and learning a lot here and the miracles are never ending and baptisms are catching up. :)

Love,
Sister Halverson







No comments:

Post a Comment