Monday, August 10, 2015

The End of the Indiana Temple Open House

Hello Friends and Family!
Well, transfer calls came and honestly we were both shocked to find out we were staying together for another transfer. I'm excited at the same time and wondering why this happened. It's going to be a great transfer and we have already seen things fall into play after the temple open house. I'm excited to see if more referrals will come in and also be able to spend a bit more time with the missionaries in my district. It'll be so much fun to see them and get to know them more. I was worried things might get tight with my companion but we have it worked out and will continue to work it out. She's become like a Sister to me more than anything and this area will see a lot of good things.

There are lots of families in our ward working with individuals who are interested in the Gospel. We are patiently praying to see when a good time to approach these individuals will be. So many of them have gone through the temple and I'm so happy to hear how they are doing. We feel with the members being there with them every step of the way, we'll see the Crawfordsville ward grow in ways we couldn't even have imagined. I'm so excited to work with these members and help the people they're working with to grow and learn and become thriving members of the Church.

We also have planned to work with the Less Actives and visit every member on our roster this transfer with the help of the active members willing to come help us. It's a transfer I'm looking forward to because we feel prompted to do a special kind of work that will help us and others. It's been a great year honestly. I can look back and see how much I've grown and learned from all of my past companions and areas. Different lessons came at different times and I'm happy about how things have turned out. I'm really looking forward to the future as well. It can only go up from here!
We've got lots to do. Also! The ending tally for the temple open house was 91,000!  They got it together as far as ushering people through the temple by the second to last day but at least they figured it out.  Better late than never! It was amazing to be a part of this special event and they're giving us the referrals from the open house. The people who were interested enough to come see the temple and walk through it and who want to know more makes me excited to go and talk to them. Hopefully we will be doing a lot of that this transfer as we kind of take over Crawfordsville and help the wonderful people here. :)
Love you all! Miss you! See you in 6!

Love,
Sister Halverson




No comments:

Post a Comment