Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Storms, Storms, and More Storms!

Hello Friends and Family!
We've had a ton of rain this past week in the Lovely Warsaw. TONS of thunderstorms too. Not my cup of tea... But I can manage. :) Pretty sure I'm going to get pro at taking Lightning pictures haha! This week was INSANE. We had Interviews and exchanges (Went up to Mishawaka with Sister Allred! It hit 101!!!!!) Zone Meeting was on Friday and we had it combined with South Bend. Had a BBQ with all the missionaries. Elder Nyman is back up in Mishawaka and he was the grill master. Kid did pretty good! It was absolutely nuts this week. Yet we still managed to do a lot of good work. :) Always the best.

So for the last few weeks I've been emailing my friend. He's about ready to go home and is working his hardest to the very end. During these conversations we've been talking a lot about time and how relative it is in the grand scheme of things. There are things we can do to either help time move forward while making the best of it, or continue to let it slip away with a little regret in each passing second. I've chosen to try and make the best of it. It's been almost 10 months since I started my mission. Ten months of trials, lessons, and miracles. Ten months of friendships, fellowship, and discipleship. It's been hard. But it's been the best thing I could have ever done in my short 19 years of life. The MTC prepares you for a mission. A Mission is the MTC for life. We learn SO MUCH in the time we're allotted to serve the Lord. And SO MUCH goes in to every single day. I've seen blessings come from walking in the rain (Like Yesterday), miracles come in the middle of lessons when an Investigator says she's received an answer that she should keep meeting with us, hardships come in the form of family issues and companionships, and lessons learned from each trial we face on a daily basis. Some days are ALWAYS better than others and Christ is always there to help us if we can be humble enough to let Him in.

It's been a great week. Busy. But great. It seems like it was a year ago now or at least in different months and not all wrapped into seven days! Zone Meeting was fun, I learned a lot from Sister Allred on our exchange, and I'm definitely looking forward to the week ahead of us. :)

Love,
Sister Halverson

Harvesting the field...literally

Daryann

No comments:

Post a Comment