Tuesday, July 1, 2014

57 Days and Counting!

Time is winding down. It seems like only yesterday I had received my called with 133 days to go. I'm over half way through the wait!!! It's crazy! And to think how far I've come with the mentality of being kinder and more Chirst-like and remembering His teachings to apply them to my everyday life...it astounds me. Sure I'm not 100% there yet but I'm working on it!

And today was just a reminder of how much I love this Gospel! I had the opportunity to meet with future sisters and RM's at temple square! It was so cool to meet so many eager and willing young women who are just as excited as I am to serve the Lord in our missions! Shout out to Isabelle Diederich! Got to meet one of the sweetest young ladies on the planet! It was amazing being able to talk to these sisters and share my story and what makes me want to serve. 


                    Temple Square!!!

My mom asked me the other day if I was going to go through with a mission. Not that she was doubting me or thinking I can't do it, just some things earlier this week made it a bit harder on my case about serving. I had quit work to focus on the last math class I would ever need and then had to quit math because I was stressed out of my mind about serving and having everything I'd need for the next 18 months. (Mission Prep isn't as easy as you'd think! Love it!!)

So she asked me if I still wanted to go, if I was still going to go. And I shocked myself with my answer. Fervently I told her yes! I WANTED to serve. I was going no matter what. A mission is a wonderful opportunity for me to serve God's children so fully and so devoutly and learn things that will help me down the road five, ten, fifty years from now.

It made me that much more excited when I completed my wardrobe. One step closer! It feels incredible having my clothes. Silly thing but it's AWESOME!!! :)



As always,
Soon-to-be-Sister Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment